Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby Vincents Cake

So I was asked by my Aunt to make a cake  for a baby shower she was throwing for her sister-in-law. I had never made a baby shower cake before but since she had such confidence in me, I couldn't let her down. So I decided to try a new technique and I made my own marshmallow fondant. It was kind of a pain to work with and I wont be making it in the future, but that's just me. I know a lot of people who love it. So my advice, try and make it at least once, if you like it, cool! If not, I feel your pain. lol. Anyways, so here it is. I think it came out really cute even though I didn't have the best time working with the fondant. Sometimes you just have to take a breath and over come the obstacles. ;) In the end not only did my Aunt and I love it, but so did the Mommy to be...and that was who really mattered most!!! Success!

This cake would cost approx. $80.00 (pricing may vary)

No comments:

Post a Comment